Pages

My Blog List

Wednesday 29 May 2013

Not Being Sad about Being Sad


Depending on who you ask and how they classify the psalms, anywhere from a third to half of the book of Psalms consists of lament.  It is the most common type of psalm that you can find.

Maybe you think that’s depressing; you’d rather focus on the psalms of praise and thanksgiving, even if they are fewer in number.  I like those psalms, too, but the sheer volume of lament says something very important to me: It’s okay to be sad.  God does not expect me to paste on a plastic happy face before I pray or gather with others to worship.

Had a BBM chat with a friend this evening and she said she's just unnecessarily sad . I told her. "Whn u r sad unnecessarily, do more of wat makes u happy....... And be thankful dat u r alive, that's a reason enuf not to be sad".
Our loving God embraces us in His open arms whether we’re having a fabulous day or we are grieving.  We don’t have to try hiding anything, putting on a more “acceptable” exterior.  God welcomes our sadness and lament. 

1 comment:

Samgbotemi@gmail.com