Pages

My Blog List

Saturday 5 October 2013

What you believe

What others think of us is important (as contrary to the view I held) because we derive a large part of our self-image from them, especially when we are young. That includes what out parents think, what our peers think, and what our teachers think. We can even internalize what those who have never met us think (those who never met us but speak a whole new truth(note the sarcasm) about us).

If you hear something often enough, you might begin to believe it. Once you believe it, you react to live out of your belief system. If others tell you often enough and effectively enough that you cannot lead, you are likely to believe you cannot be a leader. I had an incidence with a lady I dated who constantly complained that I had pride in me, in my quest to prove her wrong I just ignore her and say foul words to her, thereby proving her point that I'm proud. You see through your beliefs, not through your eyes. Philosophy is more powerful than sight because by your philosophy you interpret what you see with your eyes.

You can resist self-limiting philosophy with spiritual and psychological ''re-conditioning'' and your parents, your church or mentors can help you develop a strong self-awareness that inoculates you from what the world thinks. Thanks to a host of few friends who told me not to always feel inferior and stood by me in gaining some testosterone.....and to my godmother who smacks me anytime I ''little'' my abilities and belief in myself. Bible as a reference said ''let God be true and every man a liar'' (romans 3:4). So what men say about us is a lie, only God is the truth speaker.

Whenever ''they'' (awon ota : enemies) say ''you can't make it'', they are lying. The old folks say flat out, ''the devil is a liar''. The only person you should believe is God. You can what God established for you. Anything less is a lie. If car manufacturer built a car to drive at speeds up to 110miles an hour, it can. If God specifies that you can lead, you can and you should. If God ''particulars'' a certain greatness for you, you will and you should. There are two aspects of achieving greatness; 1. God's will for you to be great and 2. You will, push and desire to fulfill God's plan(s) for you.

I'm not concerned with what degree you hold, how much training you've been to or even how many followers you have gained. I'm keenly interested in what you believe about yourself, other people and the world. Some of these great achievers are college drop-outs and just high school leavers. I'm not saying you should drop out or not get atleast two degrees but you should believe in your power to (i.e YOU CAN).

Philosophy is probably the most powerful force in the world. Philosophy begins with thoughts or ideas and ideas control the world. The power of an idea is that it can create reality. Everything begins with an idea (wonder).

Perhaps you are sitting on a chair right now, that chair used to be someone's idea. I'm presently eating eba as I'm writing this piece today, that eba was someone's idea. The phone I'm using to type now is someone's idea. These were ideas or concepts that became reality.

To have effect, ideas must be communicated from the mind of one person to the minds of others. It is words whether written or spoken that transmit those ideas.

If I have certain ideas in my head, I can transmit those ideas to yo through words on the pages of my blog. Everything that has ever been made began in this ''word''. The greek term translated here as word in english actually reflects a more complex concept than we might first think. The greek word is logos, which literally means ''something said(including the thought)'' or a ''a word (as embodying an idea)''.

Everything even our physical world began with the expression of an idea. This is a principle that applies to all aspects of our lives, including achieving greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Samgbotemi@gmail.com