Pages

My Blog List

Tuesday 27 August 2013

GOOGLE, your Friend or Foe?

The other day I was chilling with my friends at the bar when an idea just popped into my head like the bottle of cold Star waiting to unleash its glorious "highness" on my sombre self. Yeah you could say this here is one other rambling on of a depraved hedonist(your choice of adjective is your prerogative just as is my lifestyle)but you never know what this "fool" here might contribute to the task of enriching the human knowledge base.
Back to the matter(in wizkid's voice) the idea was that I owe my existence at least my adolescent one to the invention of a modern day oracle popularly known as GOOGLE. The inventors of this "ginomous" oracle deserve a place in the pantheons of gods for the simple reason that they have help with their invention to settle scores amicably- the number of duels have drastically reduce since the invention of Google (this piece is for you if you believe the above). I mean, guys you will all agree with me that their as been one time when you find yourself arguing with folks who only voiceferously air their ignorance about the round leather sport - football and to your horror you see how you(the enlightened one) is erroneously painted as the king of all ignoranmus. The knight to usurp you from the blighted throne of ignorance can only come in the form of GOOGLE! You gleefully wave your phone at those bunch of ignoranmuses and just like Archimedes you scream Eureka! Eureka! Telling all and sundry in your hoarse voice and sweat soaked shirt how you have been right all along and(now the insults can rain down freely)how this back of television watchers had the temerity to disagree with you! I know all you ladies be like what do this guys see in a football match? I mean how can you pack yourself full in a stuffy make shift shop and exclaim sighs and groans mixed with a sarcastic or snide remark at the supporters of an opposing team? Guess the answer to that is Love. The last word of that previous sentence readily provides me with an example of how you ladies (mis)use the search engine - Google. How many of you ladies remember searching for: "how to know when your man loves you" or "10 signs that he is cheating on you". Don't get me wrong ain't nothing wrong with you finding out from (psuedo) love doctors as to why Francis buys you #200 worth of suya instead of the usual #500 worth. It might just be that he is broke and not the #5 sign on the list of signs to know that he is cheating on you.(Note the sarcasm)

We all have at one point or the order have GOOGLE to thank for an assignment that seems to be intruding on more pressing matters in our campus life(you sabi dem now). This brings me to the crux of the matter; Google, Friend or foe? I want you to decide for yourself by asking: "am I more enlightened than the 18th century man living in the hinterland because of my access to GOOGLE?" "My reliance on the search engine is it essentially different from the natives reliance on the gods saying?" Your answer(s) if you have any are welcome but I will only read them when am sober.





DISCLAIMER: The above is simply reflections of an highly inebriated person any individual or group that feels slighted by it should blame the liquor store not before remembering that my constant drinking is helping put food on the table for the factory worker's family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Samgbotemi@gmail.com